One of the first problems to solve in developing the proposed CPRT is how to
call a function with the same name in two different MW distributions. I can
think of 3 ways: 1) use the Namespace facility of PHP 5.3, 2) use threads, or
3) use separate process and IPC. Since MAMP supports none of these I am off
building an AMP installation from scratch.

Some questions:

* Are there other ways to solve the identifier collision problem?

* Are some of the options I mention unsuitable for a MW CPRT, e.g., currently
MW only assumes PHP 5.0 and requiring 5.3 may unacceptably constrain the user
base.

* Is MW thread safe?

Dan