--- On Thu, 8/20/09, Andrew Garrett <agarr...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> As the title implies, it is a performance limit report. You
> can removeĀ
> it by changing the parser options passed to the parser.
> Look at theĀ
> ParserOptions and Parser classes.

Thanks. It appears dumpHTML has no command option to turn off this report (the
parser option is mEnableLimitReport).

A question to the developer community: Is it better to change dumpHTML to
accept a new option (to turn off Limit Reports) or copy dumpHTML into a new
CPRT extension and change it. I strongly feel that having two extensions with
essentially the same functionality is bad practice. On the other hand, changing
dumpHTML means it becomes dual purposed, which has the potential of making it
big and ugly. One compromise position is to attempt to factor dumpHTML so that
a core provides common functionality to two different upper layers. However, I
don't know if that is acceptable practice for extensions.

A short term fix is to pipe the output of dumpHTML through a filter that
removes the Limit Report. That would allow developers to use dumpHTML (as a
CPRT) fairly quickly to find and fix the known-to-fail parser bugs. The
downside to this is it may significantly degrade performance.

Dan