On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 9:47 PM, Benjamin Lees<emufarm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 8:31 PM, Chengbin Zheng <chengbinzh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>> BTW, does anyone know what is the size of the current static HTML English
>> Wikipedia version uncompressed? Thanks.
>

> Based on some quick extrapolation (the smaller dumps seem to be compressed
> at ~21-22x), it seems like the dump from a year ago would be about 300GB.

The static HTML dumps seems to include all namespaces.  I made an
estimate a few weeks ago that the main namespace for enwiki is now
about 250GB when rendered as HTML.  (It will compress to 12 GB or so.)
 Keep in mind that these estimates don't include any images, which
would eat up massive amounts of space if you include them.

-Robert Rohde