On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 6:44 PM, Michael Dale <md...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
..
> I think both are useful and I like jquery style building of html since
> it gives you direct syntax errors rather than html parse errors which
> are not as predictable across browsers. But sometimes performance wise
> or from a quick "get it working" perspective its easier to write out an
> html string. Also I think tabbed html is a bit easier on the eyes for
> someone that has dealt a lot with html.

probabbly not the intend of your message, but your first and second
examples can be mixed

function dojBuild2(){
  var box = document.createElement("div");
   for(var i =0 ;i < repetCount;i++){
       var thing = document.createElement("span");
          thing.innerHTML ='<span id="' + escape(i) + '" class="fish">' +
           '<p class="dog" rel="foo" >' +
               escape(i) +
           '</p>' +
       '</span>';

       box.appendChild(thing);
   }

   document.getElementById("cat").appendChild(box);
}

what I think we have here, is that  $('#cat') is expensive, and run
inside a loop in dojBuild

Since your post is about coding style, and not perfomance (and not
about the particular speed of this style), ignore this post.

ℱin del ℳensaje.