On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:37 AM, Lars Aronsson <l...@aronsson.se> wrote:

> In the edit box, when I type [[John Doe]], I want some chance to
> verify that I'm linking to the right article,

Humm?

I don't know the wikipedia, but on other wikis is like that:

Fire and forget.  You link [[Mr John Doe]].  Once is published you
notice is not a link, so you click, and make a redirection from [[Mr.
John Doe]] to the existing article [[Doc. John Doe]].

You can also make links that don't exist. Like in "english expression
'[[a pocket full of horses]]'", you don't need to link to articles
that exist.  On a wiki (I don't know wikipedia)  you don't have to
post correct or complete stuff. And having unpopulated links is a
invitation to others to create more articles or redirections.

I know Wikipedia has always been a strange wiki, so maybe thats not
how it works. I hate wikipedia a bit.

Also, the creation of a redirection from  [[Doc John Doe]] and [[John
Doe]] to  [[Dr John Doe]] is content. Maybe a dude could be googling
"Doc John" and find the redirection one. Is a happy "error" that these
redirections are created.

ℱin del ℳensaje.