Thomas Dalton wrote:
> How about an anti-flood filter than stops emails that are identical to
> an email sent within the last hour? That ought to stop people
> auto-responding to themselves, at least. I think we can live with one
> auto-response per person (which is all most clients send, anyway,
> AFAIK - this really is a matter of a broken client, rather than a
> broken list).

It would only work if the autoresponder isn't quoting the previous text,
as some do.

That seems a filter with little collateral damage, since you usually
don't want to send the same body several times, even when you do it (you
thought it didn't get through, etc). The only issue i foresee is when
the replies come from different people, eg. several "I agree" replies.