On Wed, 26 May 2010 17:11:33 -0700, Michelle Knight wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> There is a list of browsers compatible with Selenium (See
> http://seleniumhq.org/about/platforms.html#browsers ). The page states
> that Selenium works with Firefox 2+ when a Linux OS is used (I think
> Ubuntu would fall under this category ).
>
>  I am using Firefox 3.5.9 on Ubuntu 9.10 . I have been finishing another
> project (my grandfather visited me in Oregon from Ohio) and have not
> played with the at the Selenium Framework since May 14th. I will let you
> know if I see the error messages.
>
> Michelle Knight
>

> Message: 5
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 17:44:03 +0000 (UTC) From: Dan Nessett
> <dness...@yahoo.com> Subject: Re: [Wikitech-l] Selenium testing
> framework To: wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
>
> On Tue, 18 May 2010 19:27:38 +0200, Markus Glaser wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> I had these error messages once when I used Firefox 3.6 for testing.
>> Until recently, Selenium did not support this browser. Apparently now
>> they do, but I did not have a chance to test this yet. So the solution
>> for me was to point Selenium to a Firefox 3.5.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Markus
>
> My OS is Ubuntu 8.04. The version of Firefox is 3.0.19. Since Ubuntu
> automatically updates versions of its software, I assume this is the
> most up-to-date.
>
> Is there a list of browser versions compatible with selenium?

Thanks for the pointer to the list, Michelle. As it turned out there was
bug in RunSeleniumTests that accessed global data before
LocalSeleniumSettings was included. Markus has fixed this problem and is
testing it before checking it in to the repository. Before this fix is
available, you should put all your local configuration data in
RunSeleniumTests.

Regards,

Dan

--