Hey,

Currently the Maps extension [0] allows you to specify marker specific data
[1] (a titel, further text, and the icon to use). The way this is done is
not very clean, and needs improvement. Someone poked me about this at
Wikimania, but I don't know how to improve upon the current syntax, hence
this discussion.

What's bad about the current approach:
* A 3rd level of parameter is needed, which is rather insane. (The first
level are the regular parser function parameters, separated with vertical
lines. The second level are coordinates or addresses, separated by
semicolons. The third level for the marker specific data uses tildes as
delimiters.)
* Not very readable.
* Unsuited for long text.
* Excludes all the delimiters from usage in the text.
* Problems with links in the wikitext.

Anyone an idea what a better approach would be? You can either reply here,
or write out your idea's on the discussion page [2].

[0] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Maps
[1] http://mapping.referata.com/wiki/Help:Marker_data
[2] http://mapping.referata.com/wiki/Help_talk:Marker_data

Cheers