>>> We are having more and more global uses. We should have a global
>>> namespace mapping so that each global table doesn't need to copy the
>>> namespace names just for display.
>>>
>> Maybe, but that's not easy. Storing the namespace name sounds like an
>> acceptable intermediate solution.
>
> It would be a dependence for all global extensions, but why would that
> be difficult?

I think we just need to store:
* the wikiid
* the namespace (int)
* the namespace text
for each namespace of each wiki, in a shared database (with an index :D)

I will first code my stuff as planed and then, if I still have some
time, create this new table and adapt my code to use it.

I have updated the proposal after a discussion with Roan: we think
that using a shared table with all the interwiki transclusion links
would be much more practical, especially when we need to update it
when a calling page is edited/deleted/moved...

Can you please have a look at it again?

Thanks

--
Peter Potrowl