On 09/08/2010 06:28 AM, Roan Kattouw wrote:
> I don't believe we should necessarily support retrieval of arbitrary
> wiki pages this way, but that's not needed for Gadgets: there's a
> gadgets definition list listing all available gadgets, so Gadgets can
> simply register each gadget as a module (presumably named something
> like gadget-gadgetname).

This is of course already supported, just not in 'grouped requests'.
Open up your scripts tab on a fresh load of
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page Like 24 or so of the 36
scripts requests on commons are 'arbitrary wiki pages' requested as
javascript:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=MediaWiki:AjaxQuickDelete.js&action=raw&ctype=text/javascript

Not gadgets in the php extensions sense. Ie MediaWiki:Common.js does a
lot of loading and the gadget set is not defined in php on the server.
The resource loader should minimally let you group MediaWiki namespace
javascript and css.

--michael