Hi Benedikt,

technically speaking, it should not be a problem, since the path to the test
suites can be given relative to mw root. This holds for the current solution
(via autoloader) as well as for the upcoming version with ini-files.

Remains the issue of standardization. It seems reasonable to me for large
extensions to mirror the mw directory structure. So I suggest this for standard
for extensions:
* Extensions that do mirror the mw directory structure should place the tests
similar to mw: extensions/EXTENSION/maintenance/tests/selenium
* Extensions that don't should place the tests in
extensions/EXTENSION/tests/selenium

Regards,
Markus

Markus Glaser