Early on in the requirements stage of ResourceLoader development we
decided to use ISO8601 as the format for representing timestamps in
URLs. This was chosen for it's legibility, conformance to a standard and
ease of generation. However this was somewhat of an oversight since the
timestamp "1970-01-01T00:00:00Z" gets URL encoded to be
"1970-01-01T00%3A00%3A00Z" which leaves something to be desired. Also,
generating this format in JavaScript requires sending a extra 220 bytes
(minified and compressed).

So, before we seal the deal on using 8601, I would like to collect some
ideas about alternatives which would ideally...

* Be legible in a URL
* Conform to a well-defined/well-known standard
* Be easy to generate from a unix timestamp in both PHP and JavaScript

Proposals wanted.

- Trevor