On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Max Semenik <maxsem.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Instead of amassing social constructs around technical deficiency, I
> propose to fix bug 24230 [1] by implementing proper checking for JAR
> format.

Does that bug even affect Wikimedia?  We have uploads segregated on
their own domain, where we don't set cookies or do anything else
interesting, so what would an uploaded JAR file even do?  If that kind
of attack is still a problem even with separate domains, we can do
like Mozilla's Bugzilla and serve each uploaded file from its own
unique domain (that would have ramifications for how browsers fetch
the images, but they might be positive anyway).