The code is not spread across many files.. its a single mw.Parser.js
file. Its being used in my gadget and Neil's upload wizard.   I agree
the parser is not the "ideal parser", its not feature complete, is not
very optimised, and it was hacked together quickly. But it passes all
the tests and matches the output of php for all the messages across all
the languages. I should have time in the next few days to re merge /
clean it up a bit if "no one else" is doing it.

It should be clear who is doing what.

The parser as is ... is more of a starting point than a finished
project. But it starts by passing all the tests... If that useful we can
plop it in there.

an old version of the test file is here. I have a ported / slightly
cleaner version in a patch
http://prototype.wikimedia.org/s-9/extensions/JS2Support/tests/testLang.html

it also includes a test file that confirms the transforms work across a
sample set of messages. Its not clear to me how the current test files /
system scales ... Mostly for Krinkle:  The mediawiki.util.test.js seem
to always include itself when in debug mode. And why does
mediawiki.util.test.js not define an object by name
"mediawiki.util.test" it instead defines "mediawiki.test"

also:

    if (wgCanonicalSpecialPageName == 'Blankpage' &&
mw.util.getParamValue('action') === 'mwutiltest') {

Seems gadget like.. this logic can be done on php side no? Why not
deliver specific test payloads for specific test entry points? if you
imagine we have dozes of complicated tests systems with sub components
the debug mode will become overloaded with js code that is never running.

--michael