These differences in field names aren't just to do with Vector, they are
to do with the configuration of vector. If you have
$wgVectorUseSimpleSearch = false; then the field names for search will
be the same, the point is that it's a very different control, and a
script that's hooking into it would fail because it's different. So what
you are experiencing is not a bug, you just need to make your script
work with one or the other.

- Trevor