2011/2/5 David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com>

> (It's a real pity reCaptcha is third-party and proprietary.)

Well, we it.source fellow are writing our communication about (it will be
published into wikisource-l), but a brief mention to good news is mandatory
here.

We have a simple script that extracts word images, corresponding to doubtful
OCR interpretation, from any djvu file with a text layer; scripts to upload
into djvu layer again fixed words are simple too.

We posted first communication into John Vandenberg en.source user page, and
a wikicaptcha is now something possible.
See John's lalk here:
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/User_talk:John_Vandenberg#reCAPTCHA_for_source

Alex brollo