Von: wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:wikitech-l-boun...@lists.wikimedia.org] Im Auftrag von Benedikt Kaempgen
Gesendet: Montag, 14. März 2011 19:03
An: Wikimedia developers
Betreff: [Wikitech-l] [Selenium] Structured description of tests?

Hello,

As I see from [1-4], test descriptions for MW with the Selenium Framework are
not much structured at the moment. I think, this will make it difficult to
maintain these tests.

Any suggestions how we could improve this?

For a start, a bachelor student of mine will be looking into how to describe
system tests for Semantic MediaWiki (and extensions) using categories and
properties of Semantic MediaWiki. We are planning that tests are derived from
and link to contents in the user/admin manual.

Regards,

Benedikt

[1] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Cite_Extension_Test_Plan
[2] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ConfirmEdit_Test_Plan
[3] http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/New_installer/Test_plan
[4]
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Selenium/Deployment#Automation_work_done_by_th
e_Calcey_team

--
AIFB, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Phone: +49 721 608-47946