2011/3/22 Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijs...@gmail.com>:
> Hoi,
> I brought two arguments, you do not address either. The issue is introducing
> GIT, there are production processes that will break. Not addressing this and
> not proving that it can provide the goods is at issue. I suggest proving GIT
> in an environment where our production will not get broken.
Like I said in the other thread, the notion that moving to Git will
somehow break daily l10n updates is false.

As long as a VCS allows pushing changes to the repository on one
machine and pulling those changes on another machine (and seriously,
what kind of VCS can't do that), we can easily prevent essential
production processes such as the incorporation of daily l10n updates
and merging arbitrary changes to the deployment branch from getting
broken. I therefore don't think we need to prove Git in a toolserver
environment first, and support Chad's suggestion that we try it with
phase3 first.

Roan Kattouw (Catrope)