On 24/03/11 06:47, MZMcBride wrote:
 > It's only impolite if you criticize the code review tool without being
 > constructive. What specifically do you not like about the current code
 > review tool? And have you filed bugs about getting these issues
 > addressed?

Neilk is realist. Either we bring more developers in the system or we
drop it and reuse another system already having some developers. For
example, we are not developing our own bug tracker or webmail
interfaces. We reuse code from others just like other reuse our Wiki code.

I would name a few issues with our CR system:
- does not known about branches
- lacks a manual merging system
- lacks an automatic merging system (something like: if rev and follow
up got 4 sign up, merge them all in release branch).
- a rev + its follow up could be grouped. We will then review the group
as a whole instead of individual revisions.
- I still have not figured out how to filter by author AND path
- comment system should be liquid thread based
- the diff is useless (I use a local tool)
- still have to rely on local tools for merging, reverting, blaming
- not integrated with bugzilla

There are lot of good points though!

--
Ashar Voultoiz