User "Bawolff" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r86041.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/86041#c16010
Commit summary:

r86001, now with less scariness :P  I took out the delete action and did purge
instead, which is a much more self-contained action-with-a-form.  Also
implement a few changes suggested by Brion on IRC last night.

Comment:

I suppose in many ways redirecting (providing it redirects to the right place)
does make sense. After all purging is the act of getting rid of the old
version, which is quite separate from viewing. It could potentially cause
confusion to users who expect to see the ?action=purge, but they'd get over it
pretty quickly.