Max Seminik raised the issue of codurr spamming the channel with a 
useless list of revisions that broke the tests.

Example:

[19:39:08] <codurr> Something broke.  See 
<http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/buildresults/mw>. 
  Possible culprits: aashrh/r89027 /r89028 /r89029 nbiabriket/r89035 
krenkli/r89036 eryed/r89037 /r89038 eixal/r89039 /r89040 /r89041 /r89043 
/r89044 /r89047 /r89049 /r89051 /r89061 /r89062
... and so on.

I repaired cruise control a few days after the hackaton. At that points 
tests were broken and I fixed most of them. Then I added back the 
Database and Parser groups which added some more interesting tests 
breakage (including the order in which files are loaded by PHPUnit).

Since cruisecontrol *does not remember the states of tests* from 
previous builds, it just assume the current build broke everything and 
hence report all the old breakages on each build :-(


To fix them you have to get to CruiseControl:
   http://ci.tesla.usability.wikimedia.org/cruisecontrol/
Clicking on 'mw' in the orange box will show you tests results for the 
latest build, below you will find the latest revision tested.

At the moment we can see :
  #288 - testParserTest with data set #287

Clicking on it will show the long list of tests. Look for the above 
message in the list, next to it is a "Failure >>" link which show the 
test output. In this case:


ParserTests::testParserTest with data set #287 ('pre-save transform: 
Signature expansion in nowiki tags (bug 93)', 'Shall not expand:
<snip parsertest output with diff and backtrace>

To reproduce it locally:

   $ cd tests
   $ php parserTests.php --quiet --filter 'bug 93'
   This is MediaWiki version 1.19alpha (r89273).
   <snip>
   Passed 0 of 1 tests (0%)... 1 tests failed!
   $ echo $?   # show PHPUnit exit code:
   1
   $

$ svn blame tests/parser/parserTests.txt | grep 'bug 93'
  89191 platonides pre-save transform: Signature expansion in nowiki 
tags (bug 93)
$

So probably introduced in r89191 .. Check it out and run tests :

  $ svn co -r 89191
  <snip>
  $ php parserTests.php --quiet --filter 'bug 93'
   This is MediaWiki version 1.19alpha (r89191).
   <snip>
  Passed 0 of 1 tests (0%)... 1 tests failed!
  $

That one was broken on commit anyway.
   http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/89191



The BlockTest are broken too, most probably due to its rewrite. You can 
easily reproduce the test suite and most project manager we love the 
easy report functionality (--testdox):

   $ cd tests/phpunit
   $ ./phpunit.php --filter BlockTest --testdox
   PHPUnit 3.5.13 by Sebastian Bergmann.

   ApiBlock
    [ ] Make normal block

   Block
    [ ] Initializer functions return correct block
    [x] Bug 26425 block timestamp defaults to time
    [ ] Bug 29116 load with empty ip
    [ ] Bug 29116 new from target with empty ip
  $


Have fun :-)


-- 
Ashar Voultoiz


_______________________________________________
Wikitech-l mailing list
Wikitech-l@lists.wikimedia.org
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikitech-l

Reply via email to