I tested too mediaWiki encoding with js encodeURI()  function. I found a
difference, only one, since mediaWiki encodes apostrophe while encodeURI()
doesn't. Obviously the second, great difference is the conversion of spaces
into underlines.

So, in js so far I got a good simulation of localurl: Mediawiki encoding
with this:
encodeURI(string.replace(/ /g,"_")).replace(/%27/g,"'") )

(the last string is an apostrophe between double quotes)

Is there some reason why wiki encoding is different from js encodeURI (that,
I presume, is founded on a standard)? I found this a little confusing.

Alex