User "Catrope" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r94353.

Full URL:
https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/mediawiki/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/94353#c20699
Commit summary:

Followup r94349; Interwiki::getURL used `$title != null` to test if the $title
arg was passed and should be substituted. However `"" == null`, so as a result
switching to using the argument broke [[mw:]] style interwiki links without an
article title.
Update the Interwiki::getURL code to use isset(), and update the comment to
tell pre-1.19 supporting extensions to do the entire urlencoding and $1
substitution on their own since Interwiki::getURL was essentially buggy and
broken before now.

Comment:

I don't care much between is_null() and === null, they're equivalent. What I do
care about is not using isset() for this, because it masks any mistakes you
might make, such as variable name typos.