User "Platonides" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r100807.

Full URL: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:Code/MediaWiki/100807#c24885
Commit summary:

Tool to verify the correctness of php message files.
Ensures that the given files adhere to a safe subset of php.

The provided update-msgs.sh can be used to svn up files only
if they are message files, so it can run unattended.

Comment:

I suggested that back then, when TsIntuition was going to be coded. It has also
appeared in some wikitech-l discussions. Still, it is what it's being used*, so
it's useful to validate a not-much-trusted file is just messages and nothing
more.

<nowiki>*</nowiki> I admit it has several good points: it is easy to read and
write, fast to parse from php and supported by twn.