On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 03:38, Platonides <platoni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14/12/11 22:33, Srikanth Lakshmanan wrote:
> > Language support teams :-
>
> In order to force them, "if you don't test this it may break horribly
> for you when deployed" seems way more convincing than "no new goodies
> for you".

We tried telling people to test saying the same thing, may be should try
telling them more often.

> Development must continue even if ignored (do not confuse with negative
> feedback), but blind coding without feedback is a dangerous zone.

+1

> > PS: I understand the criticism might have come hard on the India list,
> > but we(critics) are getting used to a pattern beyond Webfonts. We alert
> > of something dangerous on the cards, People(mostly WMF) tend to ignore
> > us, Then they "firefight" and then we criticize more post the entire
> > thing, "you would have been better had you to listened us". This has
> > happened 3rd time on row now, other 2 being Protest against Jimbo at
> > WikiConference India &  IEP. I hope sooner, people take us seriously.
>
> It's not that Indian sites are treated worse, see the recent (similar)
> issues in commons with EXIF.

Sorry I didn't quite get you, not sure if you got what i meant as well. I
never said / meant / implied "Indian sites are treated worse", what I tried
to convey was why the criticism on India list is high.

--
Regards
Srikanth.L