I'm far from being enough skilled to understand the whole stuff. Working as
hardly as I can into wikisource, I found that the most useful tools are js
scripts like RegexMenuFramework by Pathoschild, t.i. a "container" for
personal, highly customizable js scripts to work on wikitext (fixing
scannos, formatting, adding specific templates); there's no need of so much
skill to  build new simple, effective tools by a js beginner as I am; this
is simple dealing with a plain text into text box of a form, I guess it
would not be so simple into the highly structured html of Visual editor.

Is there some hope about keeping js editing of wikitext/source text into
Visual Editor as simple as it is presently?

Alex