On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 10:23:39AM +1100, Tim Starling wrote:

> I'm considering introducing a limit on #switch cases of 2000 or so per
> article, to address this issue. No doubt many templates will break,
> but it's important to protect our servers, and we've always
> discouraged this kind of #switch application.

Is the problem too many switch cases on the page, or just too many
switch cases in any one switch? Does that proposed limit mean that 100
uses of a template with 20 #switch cases will break, too? Will the limit
count {{#switch:{{{1}}}|a|b|c=foo}} as 1 or 3 cases?

And will the obvious on-wiki fix of using nested #ifs just make things worse?