"Dantman" posted a comment on MediaWiki.r110825.

Commit summary for MediaWiki.r110825:

(bug 34237) Regenerate an empty user_token and save to the database when we try
to set the user's cookies for login.
This allows the entire user_token column to be regenerated after a leak by
running `UPDATE user SET user_token = NULL;` and letting the user_tokens be
regenerated as users try to log back in.

Dantman's comment:

Btw, anyone who wants to should feel free to update the user_token schema to
remove the `NOT NULL`. This code still works when you use '' instead of NULL so
I didn't bother writing a schema update. Especially considering you can't
remove a `NOT NULL` without also specifying the column type.

Tagged for a 1.19 revert since it's new code and we can just defer it to 1.20.