> Well, sure, but perfect is the enemy of the done. For right now, it can at
> least be added as a local user preference (or just be implemented
> unconditionally)... I think. That's why I started the thread: to clarify
> what needs to be done and who's ready for what. :-)

Please let's not add a silly preference like this. Let's just keep
operating under the idea that all logged in users will use HTTPS, and
keep moving towards that goal.

As for the "will the servers handle it" question: yes, I'm sure
they'll handle it fine:

http://ganglia.wikimedia.org/latest/?r=hour&cs=&ce=&m=&s=by+name&c=SSL%2520cluster%2520eqiad&tab=m&vn=

http://ganglia.wikimedia.org/latest/?r=hour&cs=&ce=&m=&s=by+name&c=SSL%2520cluster%2520esams&tab=m&vn=

http://ganglia.wikimedia.org/latest/?r=hour&cs=&ce=&m=&s=by+name&c=SSL%2520cluster%2520pmtpa&tab=m&vn=

We have 12 servers for this, and they are so very bored right now. We
have the ability to add load to them by moving wikis over gradually as
well, so we'll see if we need to add more capacity.

- Ryan