On 1 April 2012 12:23, Svip <svi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1 April 2012 12:06, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17576745

> Also, this article was written on 1 April and is far beyond any
> monitoring scheme ever suggested in the Western World.  And I am sure
> we would have heard about it being mentioned up until this point, if
> it was real.

It would be nice, but if it's a prank then (a) lots of other
newspapers are in on it (b) ORG flagged the programme described
several weeks in advance:

http://wiki.openrightsgroup.org/wiki/Communications_Capabilities_Development_Programme
http://www.openrightsgroup.org/issues/ccdp

So no, it's in no way a joke. This is absolutely real.

> So I would take that article with a grain of salt.  Particularly the
> statement about 'real time'.  That's not even feasible.

That a desired monitoring regime would require a violation of physics
has *never* stopped a legislative push for such.

- d.