On 05/04/12 02:19, Max Semenik wrote:
> When I hear "C++" and "UI", I reach for my minigun. And you want to
> make it tiny and portable, too;) Though if you consider QT or
> wxWidgets to be tinier than JRE/Mono/.NET...

Let's make a straw weight competition:

du -hc /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/
119M

du -hc usr/lib/libmono* usr/lib/mono
117M

du -hc <*amd64* *AMD64* contents of netfx_Core.mzz from
dotNetFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe>
124M

du -hc /usr/lib/libwx_*
12M

du -hc /usr/lib/libQt* /usr/lib/qt/*
72M

So yes, I think they *are* tinier even without any stripping of unused
modules.

I made time ago a console uploader which was just 15K, but I'm afraid
that wouldn't pass the sexyness threshold. :)

A good application to compare with would be sqlitebrowser
(sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net)
The windows binary distribution (which includes the needed Qt dlls) is
17M, and in a zip file of 7M.

I'm open to further suggestions of better ways to reach those goals,
though :)