Hi everyone,

As you know, the review backlog didn't go away when we moved to
Gerrit, but our visibility and pretty graphs did.  I haven't had the
time to sort out a new way of generating the graphs, but I at least
have a way of querying the number of revisions, so long as it stays
below 500.

Here's the technique, which works if you've got a valid gerrit account:
ssh -p 29418 gerrit.wikimedia.org gerrit query 'status:open
project:^mediawiki/.*'  | grep rowCount

On Friday, we had 101 unreviewed revisions.  As of a little bit ago,
it's 88, so we seem to be holding steady, at least.  To see what those
88 revisions are, go here:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#q,status:open+project:%255Emediawiki/.*,n,z

Note that the review queue is different in a number of ways from the
old way of doing things.  The biggest and most obvious is that none of
these have actually been merged into master (trunk), so nothing in
this queue really blocks a deployment.  Also, that query is a bit
simplistic, as it doesn't filter out the stuff that was rejected or
reviewed and effectively "fixme"d, but not abandoned by the author.
To do that, you need:

ssh -p 29418 gerrit.wikimedia.org gerrit query 'status:open
project:^mediawiki/.* AND NOT label:CodeReview=-2 AND NOT
label:CodeReview=-1' | grep rowCount

...which knocks the count back to 51.

What I think this all means we're doing pretty good so far at keeping
up.  We don't have enough experience to really feel confident we're on
top of this, but so far, so good.

Rob