On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> A little over a month ago I noticed that most of the history of the Maps
> and Semantic Maps git repos was missing. I asked about this on IRC and
> wrote the list, but it seems like it's not going to get fixed without me
> doing the work. So I just spend 2 hours figuring out how to do this, and
> although what I came up with is not ideal (it has me as comitter for all
> the 30 or so changes that happened since the git migration), it fixes the
> history issue. Now I have 2 working git repos, but no idea of how to get
> this onto gerrit. Everything I tried got rejected, so I put the repos on
> github and made the ones on gerrit read-only for now. I'd be very grateful
> if someone could replace the stuff on gerrit with these, or better yet,
> with a proper fixed version of the repos with full history.
>
> * https://github.com/JeroenDeDauw/Maps
> * https://github.com/JeroenDeDauw/SemanticMaps
>
> Cheers

To do this, you'll need to do a force push (since you're rewriting history).
Grant your group "Push" permissions on refs/* with the "Force" option
checked.

Please revoke it as soon as you're done because it opens your repo
up to Breaking Things if people do forces all the time.

The actual push will be `git push -f [remote] [branch]`

-Chad