On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 11:50:09AM +0300, Ariel T. Glenn wrote:
> How did this not propagate in the usual way through the job queue?  (And
> why wouldn't either a null or an insignificant edit to the template add
> the requisite job queue entries now?)

The people involved there have been less than forthcoming in their drive
to have someone implement their chosen solution, so "we" don't even know
whether there's a real issue where the job queue never updated the
pages, or that one template was edited but not others and the people
involved don't realize this, or whether it's just that the job queue and
a normal action=purge don't update the various links tables (bug 5382)
so Special:LinkSearch shows the wrong links.