On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 06:29:58PM -0700, Roan Kattouw wrote:
> gitlab might be this, but it's written in Ruby so presumably our
> developer community would be less able to contribute to it. And I'm
> pretty sure ops is not just gonna say "sure, no problem" if/when we
> ask them to deploy a Ruby web app :)

It's not like Java is popular in the ops world either :)

Preferences varies between the team of course, but my personal view is
that I don't mind either, as long as they don't assume or mess too much
with the system (like JBoss is, or like Rails apps with tons of vendor/
dependencies or "gem installs").

Regards,
Faidon