I'm not sure if it's really needed to find out *if* site speed influences
visits. They do, and they are very heavily influenced by site speed.

> Effects of Website Speed on Revenue & Experience
>
> - Shopzilla increased page load time from 6 seconds to 1.2 seconds and
> increased revenue by 12% and page views by 25%.
> - Amazon increased revenue by 1% for every 100 milliseconds of improvement.
> - AOL documents that visitors in the top 10th percentile of site speed viewed
> 50% more pages than visitors in the bottom 10th percentile.
> - Yahoo! increased traffic by 9% for every 400 milliseconds of improvement.
> - By reducing the website by 2.2 seconds Mozilla estimates that 60 million
> more Firefox downloads occur every year.
>
> Source: Make Data Useful by Greg Linden at Amazon

Some of these numbers are already a few years old. I wouldn't be surprised if
the numbers are even bigger these days.

--
Siebrand Mazeland

M: +31 6 50 69 1239