On 03/10/12 11:25, Patrick Reilly wrote:
> e.g., when a process unexpectedly died, reference is not decreased. First
> apc.ttl seconds is active in APC cache, then is deleted (there isn't next
> hit on this item). Now item is on garbage collector list (GC) and
> apc.gc_ttl timeout is running.
> When apc.gc_ttl is less then (now - item_deletion_time), warning is written
> and item is finally completely flushed.
>
> So what should we do?

That's the point of the apc.gc_ttl feature. The shared memory pool was
being exhausted because of reference leaks, so we set apc.gc_ttl to
release the leaked objects. We set it to a value much higher than the
request timeout, so it's unlikely to release an object which is in use.

I don't think the warning is an issue which needs to be fixed. Maybe
the segfaults need to be fixed, if segfaults are causing the leaks.

-- Tim Starling