Wow, nice!
Ok, it's possible to log the users in (with some warnings but still).
Very well.

The goal here is to substitute the complex MediaWiki UI with some
simple  and beautifully-looking social network apps to eventually
bring more users to the wiki.

Mike Dupont started the list of activities that can be done for the
wiki using the social network UI:
1) commenting, likes
What other one-click valuable activities I can imagine:
2) Voting and rating the articles. Agreeing or disagreeing with some
small sections.
3) making friends that will be reflected in the wiki with the help of
social extensions
4) reading news. RSS of any wiki sucks and here the admins can form
the human-readable news about the life on a wiki
5) categorizing articles or (much better) images and media files

I'm not sure that '''editing''' can be made more easy with the help of
social network client. Any ideas on that? any ideas on what else can
be made  more engaging with the power of social networks?

-----
Yury Katkov