On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at 8:10 AM, Andrew Bogott wrote:

> Yep, that makes perfect sense. I'm at a conference this week with
> limited time and network access, but I want to learn all about vagrant
> when I get back.
>
> -A
I created a project skeleton: https://github.com/atdt/wmf-vagrant

If you clone the repository and run "vagrant up" from its root, you'll get an
Ubuntu Precise box. The mediawiki/ subfolder in the repository will be mounted
as /srv/mediawiki, and port 8080 on the host will be forwarded to port 80 on
the guest. It'll also load the Puppet manifest base.pp from the manifests/
subfolder. base.pp is currently blank.

The next step would be to look at manifests/base.pp,
/manifests/role/labsmediawiki.pp in the operations/puppet repository in Gerrit,
and abstract away things like network configurations, etc.

PS This is on GitHub because I wasn't sure where it should live in Gerrit -- it
could plausibly go in operations/puppet, mediawiki/core, or a separate
repository altogether. If you want to move it, please do!

--
Ori Livneh
o...@wikimedia.org