On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 01:48:27PM -0500, Derric Atzrott wrote:
> >Following last year's Native HTTPS efforts¹, I've pushed a change² today
> >that redirects all the old secure.wikimedia.org URLs to the respective
> >native HTTPS ones, e.g.
> > https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Main_Page gets redirected to
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
>
> Does anyone know if EFF's HTTPS Everywhere extension is set up to redirect to
> secure.wikimedia.org?  If so, someone might want to let them know that we've
> made this change.
>
> I'll volunteer to do so if no one else wishes to.

HTTPS Everywhere is currently set up to redirect using the native HTTPS
support (http://en.wp -> https://en.wp); it used to support redirects to
secure.wikimedia.org, but Roan Kattouw and Sam Reed updated it quite a
while ago. secure.wm.org never supported HTTP and secure.wm.org HTTPS
gets redirected by our redirects without any privacy loss, so there's
nothing to add to HTTPS Everywhere that I can see.

Thanks for the offer though.

Regards,
Faidon

PS. Fun fact: HTTPS Everywhere's git master already has rules for
Wikidata & Wikivoyage, thanks to the always awesome Reedy.