On 12/04/2012 03:33 AM, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> Hoi,
> How many Wikipedias exist .... 280+ ... The English Wikipedia may be the
> biggest and baddest but you cannot infer from this that its message is the
> same message in use everywhere.
>
> When you want to change a default message, the message is localised for
> general consumption on translatewiki.net. When local policy means that the
> message needs a further adaptation it is done on the local Wiki.

I think there was a miscommunication.  I said "the closest equivalent to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:MediaWiki_messages for each wiki"

In other words, on es, it might be
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project:Mensajes_de_Mediawiki or whatever
the case is in reality.

I completely agree every wiki should be notified, and do their own
adaptation if needed.  I wasn't saying en should have any special
treatment, just using it as a familiar example.

Matt Flaschen