Hello all,

Turning my frustration into something more constructive has resulted in a
script to download & setup a local Jenkins install that mirrors the
Wikimedia Jenkins install. This means it's now actually easy (or well,
easier) to debug Jenkins issues & to develop new jobs without access to WMF
servers.

mkjenkins [1] downloads Jenkins, the WMF Jenkins configuration
(integration/jenkins.git, integration/jenkins-job-builder,
integration/jenkins-job-builder-config)
and installs the Jenkins job builder jobs.

In addition, it patches around two configuration issues:
   - jobs assume Jenkins is in /var/lib/jenkins. This is symlinked to
$HOME/.jenkins
   - the git config assumes there are Zuul repositories
in /var/lib/zuul/git. These are re-written to the on-line gerrit
repositories.

Antoine suggested it might be interesting to make this into a Vagrant
script, which would have the added advantage that it should be relatively
easy to also include Zuul. However, my Vagrant-fu is weak and my hard drive
full, so I'm not sure if I will have time to work on this anytime soon :-)

Best.
Merlijn

[1] https://github.com/valhallasw/wikimedia-mkjenkins