On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Butch Bustria <bu...@wikimedia.org.ph> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can you help us fix the Wikipedia Logo on bcl.wikipedia.org ?
>
> The local community is asking for assistance.

Updating the file at [[bcl:File:Wiki.png]] is indeed the right way to
change the logo. However the version recently uploaded has two
problems:
*It's too big, which means it will mostly be cut off. The image as
uploaded must have the dimensions of 135x155.
*There's no alpha channel. This is a minor issue, but will make the
background not show through. How to add an alpha channel varies with
software, and I'm sure that someone at commons would be willing to
help with that aspect if needed.

There's a second problem, in that the old logo is still showing up.
This appears to be due to issues with squid cache not being purged
(I've noticed there's been quite a few reports of this for re-uploads
at commons. Additionally it seems like redirects really aren't getting
their squid cache purged either. I don't know if anyone is currently
investigating this or not...)

Someone from ops might be able to manually purge the url
//upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/bcl/b/bc/Wiki.png - or if all else
fails $wgLogo could be changed to a different url to get around the
caching issue.

-bawolff