Hi everyone,

As you probably read from CT's email last week about the Eqiad
migration (you read that, right?  No?  Go read it.  I'll wait)

Ok, done now?  So, as you know (now), we plan to suspend all scheduled
deployments next week during the data center migration (January
21-25).  We'd like to keep the number of moving parts to a minimum,
thus we'd like to avoid changing anything unless necessary.

That said, we are contemplating leaving the Wednesday window for
1.21wmf8 to non-Wikipedia in place as a means of testing deployments
themselves.  Unlike previous core deployments (which are pretty
routine), we're reserving the right not to have that deployment, and
may delay the already-revised deployment calendar one more week if
things are still messy on Wednesday.  I'm guessing that the odds of
that deployment happen are pretty low (I'll say "20%" based on aerial
extraction).

So, to reiterate the plan with respect to deployments over the next
couple of weeks:

January 14-15 (Mon-Tue): deployments from fenari to Tampa cluster
using scap/sync-file/sync-dir as normal.
January 16 (Wed): 1.21wmf8 deployed to test, test2, and mediawiki.org
January 16-18 (Wed-Fri): 1.21wmf8 deployments using git-deploy from fenari
January 17 (Thu): Brown bag with Ryan Lane and Chris Steipp to talk
about git-deploy
January 21 (Mon): Deployment freeze (and U.S. holiday)
January 22-25 (Tue-Fri): Deployment freeze
January 23 (Wed): MAYBE 1.21wmf8 deployment to some or all non-Wikipedia sites.

I hope this all makes sense.  Questions/comments/concerns?

Rob