Hi everybody!

I'm writing an extension that needs to replace/disable the build-in suggestion
feature of the search box. In earlier versions this could be archived by
setting $wgEnableMWSuggest
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgEnableMWSuggest) to false. But with
1.20 this option is no longer available.

In includes/OutputPage.php:2484 it seems that $wgUseAjax is the only condition
(despite of user settings) that is evaluated to decide whether to add the
module "mediawiki.searchSuggest" or not. But I don't want to disable the ajax
features completely.

ResourceLoader doesn't offer me any hooks or interfaces that would allow my
extension to remove the module programmatically.

Any hints on this? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Robert Vogel
Social Web Technologien
Softwareentwicklung
Hallo Welt! - Medienwerkstatt GmbH
______________________________

Residenzstraße 2
93047 Regensburg

Tel.  +49 (0) 941 - 66 0 80-198
Fax   +49 (0) 941 - 66 0 80-189

www.hallowelt.biz<http://www.hallowelt.biz/>
vo...@hallowelt.biz<mailto:vo...@hallowelt.biz>

Sitz: Regensburg
Amtsgericht: Regensburg
Handelsregister: HRB 10467
E.USt.Nr.: DE 253050833
Geschäftsführer: Anja Ebersbach, Markus Glaser, Dr. Richard Heigl, Radovan
Kubani