On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Tyler Romeo <tylerro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Are there any resources that explain how MediaWiki's file repositories
> work? I've been going through the code, but between the various FileRepo
> classes and their corresponding File classes, it's way too confusing. I'm
> trying to make a new FileRepo/File class to allow storage of uploads on a
> different device.
>
> *--*
> *Tyler Romeo*
> Stevens Institute of Technology, Class of 2015
> Major in Computer Science
> www.whizkidztech.com
>
>  | tylerro...@gmail.com

Have you read includes/filerepo/README ?

Very broadly, filerepo is for stuff generic to the filerepo, and file
objects contain info on individual files. Methods on the file objects
get called to get info about a specific file, and often those methods
call more general methods in the filerepo class to get the needed
information out of the repository.

-bawolff