Hi, Petr.

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Petr Kadlec <petr.kad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If you don’t want to implement your own software to generate the RSS feed,
> I guess you could use something like
> http://pt.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Especial%3AP%C3%A1ginas_novas&namespace=4&tagfilter=&username=and
> if you would create an “abuse filter” marking all new subpages of the
> village pump with a special tag, you could even filter this using the new
> tag, and be practically done with it (it might not be exactly the format
> you requested, but the data is there).

Thanks for your suggestion. I didn't know it was possible to do in
this way. If I understood well, abuse filter needs admin rights. I
tried to analyse some filters, but I must confess a script version can
be more elegant. :)

My brother has just shown me a first version of a notebook using
IPython Notebook [1]

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/urls/raw.github.com/aivuk/var/master/notebooks/Extraindo%2520New%2520Topics%2520from%2520Esplanada-Geral.ipynb

https://github.com/aivuk/var/blob/master/notebooks/Extraindo%20New%20Topics%20from%20Esplanada-Geral.ipynb

I hope soon we can improve it and later use tools for the community
evaluate the threads quality (/a la/ reddit, slashdot etc.) and make
some data analysis later.

Best,

Tom

[1] https://vimeo.com/53051817

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more