On 01/28/2013 04:10 PM, Alolita Sharma wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Please join me in welcoming Runa Bhattacharjee as the Language Engineering
> team’s outreach and QA coordinator. Runa will be responsible for the team’s
> language focused technical outreach activities as well as working with
> Wikimedia’s language communities to get feedback on internationalization
> and localization features being developed or deployed to Wikimedia sites.
>
> Runa started working in the world of open source software as a volunteer
> translator for Bengalinux - a community of volunteers working on Indic
> language technology during its early years. Runa joins us from Red Hat
> where she worked as part of the Localization Services group. At Red Hat she
> participated in the development and maturity of Indic language features in
> open source enterprise products like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). For
> the past year she has also helped enhance the latest version of Zanata, an
> open source translation platform.  She has contributed for many years as a
> localizer to several GNOME, Fedora and Mozilla projects.
>
> Runa believes newer platforms and devices used for content delivery and
> adoption through local languages make it an exciting time for growth of
> open source language tools. She is excited to be part of the Language
> Engineering group at Wikimedia Foundation and looking forward to work on
> innovations and contributions.
>
> She can be reached on email at r...@wikimedia.org or as ‘arrbee’ on our irc
> channels including #mediawiki, #wikimedia-dev and #mediawiki-i18n. Her blog
> is at arrbee.wordpress.com
>
> Welcome Runa! I am excited to have you on the language engineering team!
>
> Alolita

Congrats and welcome, Runa!  I'm reading your blog and I agree with what
you said in
https://arrbee.wordpress.com/2012/07/10/akademy-2012-talk-transcript-localizing-software-in-multi-cultural-environments/
-- that we need to learn from case studies and from others who have
worked on similar problems.  It is SO GREAT that we will get to benefit
from your experience in other projects!

Extremely quick tip: ?uselang=qqx in any MediaWiki URI is *magic*.
Example: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page?uselang=qqx

--
Sumana Harihareswara
Engineering Community Manager