On 14.02.2013 21:14, vita...@yourcmc.ru wrote:
I guess this would not directly solve any of the problems listed, but would
it be helpful to bring back to life
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Enterprise_hub ? It was started by somebody an year or two ago but seems to have been abandoned at a draft stage. I am
thinking if everybody adds some information about extensions/pages they
find particularly useful in the enterprise world, it will help future users but also help current enterprise wikis exchange experience. Does this seem
worthwhile?

IMHO there are so much useful extensions that I think it can be a little much for that page.

For example if I edited that article I would put almost all extensions from our distribution there... so I'm documenting them on http://wiki.4intra.net/Category:Mediawiki4Intranet_extensions :-)

The question is, how much they are stable and secure. MediaWiki is high-quality software that should not be impaired by low-quality extension. Also, when extension is unmaintained, it's stability and security becomes questional as well. Also, I remember for major MW extensions scalability is the big problem. Efficient SQL queries, using APC / Memcached cache, not invalidating parser cache too often. For example my own Extension:QPoll is not well-scaling requiring some major rewrites. That applies to many of another extensions as well.
Dmitriy