Is there any way to handle Unicode strings in the version that is
going to be deployed? For example, things like getting the length of
the string "François" as 8 rather than 9?

If not, is there any plan to have this ability any time soon?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬